A few nice Rice recipe images I found:
1) Separate kale from stems. Chop leaves coarsely. (Save stems to make vegetable stock.) Rinse, drain, and set aside.
2) Rinse 1cup brown rice. Drain.
3) Heat 1 tsp oil in soup pot. Add rice when hot. Stir constantly until fragrant.
4) Add 1 cup vegetable stock, 1 1/2 cups water. Add 1 strip kombu. Bring to a boil.Cover, remove from heat. Let rest for 5 minutes.
5) Return to low heat, covered. Cook for 45 minutes or until all water/stock is absorbed. Remove and discard kombu (or save for vegetable stock). Fluff. Set aside.
1)Place chopped kale and 1 cup vegetable stock in soup pot. Bring to boi, reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes, depending upon desired tenderness and color. (Can be done while rice is cooking to save time.)
2) Strain stock from kale. (Save the stock!)
3) Toss with 1/4 cup red beans, 1- 2 TBSP Balsalmic vinegar, and, to taste: hot sauce, sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper. Serve over the rice.
See full set of photos: here.
easy rice pudding
Image by W. G. M. Photography