A few nice Rice recipe images I found:
Korean Spicy Rice Cake skewers [Ddukochi]
Image by KFoodaddict
Rice cake snack in Korea. Popular for school kids. It has chewy texture with sweet and spicy sauce. Sprinkled crushed nuts on top.
For recipe: www.kfoodaddict.com
Poha (Fried flattened rice)
Image by rovingI
Poha is a very popular breakfast dish in the Indian states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
200g medium poha (flattened rice) this would be available only in an Indian store
1/2 medium size onion
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
pinch of hing (asafotedia)
1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1 sprig kadi patta (curry leaves)
2 green chilies
2 tbsp oil
2 twigs of cilantro (Coriander)
salt to taste
1. Moisten the poha with cold water by putting in a bowl and holding under a slow running tap. Mix the poha by hand. Drain excess water and keep aside (take care not to soak too long or the poha would turn pasty)
2. Chop the onions & chilies finely
3. Heat the oil in a fry pan till medium hot
4. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds
5. Add the turmeric powder and asafotedia and fry for a few seconds (take care not to burn the turmeric)
6. Add the curry leaves and green chillies and fry for a few seconds
7. Add the chopped onion and lower the heat
8. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. The onions should turn soft but not brown
9. The poha that was kept aside should have absorbed the excess moisture by now
Mix the poha by hand so that the flakes do not stick together and add to the fry pan
11. Add salt to taste and Stir the contents of the fry pay so that the yellow color of the turmeric is spread evenly on the poha
12. Cover and cook for 5 min on low heat. Do not uncover in this time. The poha must cook in the steam.
13. Stir and cook for another 1 minute uncovered
14. Serve in a bowl garnished with chopped coriander leaves & a twist of lime.
For the recipe: www.kfoodaddict.com