This is a great one pot dish. If you love crabs, I am sure that you would love this dish. If you prefer prawns, you may also use this recipe. It doesn't take too long to cook and I hope you will enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced very small
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salt-free fish stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lb flaked crabmeat, with bones removed
- cooked pasta
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet or saucepan then stir in the garlic, bell pepper and red pepper flakes over moderate heat.
- Then add the tomatoes and stir in the fish stock, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, lemon zest and bay leaf.
- Continue cooking for about 7 to 10 minutes until it is thick.
- Lastly, add in the crabmeat and continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes more.
- Then serve it over hot cooked pasta such as spaghetti.