No-Knead Olive Bread with Whipped Feta Cream Cheese
Rustic peasant bread generously polka-dotted with green and black olive slices. It’s holey texture is held together by a crispy crust that is simply irresistible.
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or bread flour (or a mix of the two)
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast or 1/3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 + 1/2 cups sliced olives (I use a mix of black and green)
- To a large bowl add the flour, yeast and salt. Whisk together. Blot dry the olives with paper towels and add them to the flour mixture tossing to coat them.
- Pour the water into the bowl and stir until well combined. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and let it sit on your counter 8 – 12 hours.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment or aluminum foil and turn the dough out onto it. Fold the dough over on itself a few times. It will be soft and sticky.
- Cover with plastic and let sit 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. for 20 minutes and put a Dutch oven or other large oven safe pot with a lid into the oven to heat up.
- Shape the dough into a circle that will fit the bottom of your pan and lift it with the parchment carefully placing it into the bottom of the hot pot. Cover with the lid.
- Bake 30 minutes with the lid on then remove the lid and bake 10 minutes longer. Let cool in the pan 15 minutes then remove to a cutting board.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place up to 4 days.