- Metal or bamboo skewers
- 1 1/4 pound(s) (16- to 20-count) large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 4 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) (10 ounces) pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) wasabi paste
- 1 head(s) Boston lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- 1 seedless (English) cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped salted cashews
- Prepare grill for direct grilling on medium-high. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water at least 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, toss shrimp with ginger and 2 teaspoons sesame oil until well-coated. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread pineapple onto skewers; grill 6 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally. Thread shrimp onto skewers; grill 2 to 4 minutes or until opaque throughout, turning over once. Transfer skewers to cutting board; remove pineapple and shrimp. Coarsely chop pineapple.
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, wasabi, and remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add lettuce, cucumber, red onion, pineapple, and shrimp; toss until well-combined. Divide among 4 serving plates. Top with cashews.