Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25-30 min.
Total Time: 35-40 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 4 slices of roasted bell pepper
- 8 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned panko
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. (Side Note: I used the convection bake setting on my oven but regular will work but you may need to broil the chicken for a few seconds at the end of baking to get a golden color on your breading).
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place all four pieces of chicken on a cutting board then cover with wax paper. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick. Season the pieces of chicken with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Place some shredded cheese down the center followed by roasted bell pepper, and two spinach leaves on each piece. Carefully roll each piece of chicken as tightly as possible and place seam side down on a plate.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; mix until well combined.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste in a small bowl; mix until well combined.
- Dip the chicken in the lemon oil mixture followed by the breadcrumbs to coat evenly then place in the baking dish seam side down. Coat each chicken roll with cooking spray.Place into the oven and bake 25-30 minutes. Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy.