Pasta tossed in a creamy lemon sauce with bites of chicken, artichoke hearts and feta cheese. A one-bowl meal you can really sink your teeth into!
- 1 pound boneless chicken cutlets or breasts
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between fingertips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces gemelli or similar shaped pasta
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 1/2 cup pasta water (reserve from cooking the pasta before draining)
- 3/4 cup half & half
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup block feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil or parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Place the chicken breasts between saran wrap on a cutting board and pound out to an even thickness using a meat mallet. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large shallow bowl whisk the marinade ingredients together. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with saran wrap and marinate in the refrigerator 1 – 4 hours.
- Grill or bake the chicken until cooked through – internal temperature on a meat thermometer should reach 165 – 174 degrees F. Remove to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil 10 minutes then slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the pasta to al dente in plenty of salted water in a large saucepan. Reserve 1/2 cup of water before draining.
- Add the drained pasta back to the pan and stir in the half & half and pasta water. Set over low heat. Stir in the artichokes and chicken. Continue stirring gently 2 – 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, juice, feta and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Marinate the chicken:
Cook the chicken:
Make the pasta: