White chocolate and cinnamon Valentine’s Day muddy buddies!
(Please don’t feed this to your puppy! It’s for people!)
- 9 cups Rice Chex® or Corn Chex®(or a combination)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hots
- 1/2 cup conversation hearts
- 1/2 cup jelly belly conversation beans
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter to a 1-quart microwavable bowl and microwave on high 1 minute. Stir then microwave 20 – 30 seconds longer and stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the melted mixture over the cereal and stir gently with a wooden spoon or plastic scraper until evenly coated.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Pour half into a 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add half the cereal, seal bag and shake until well coated. Add the remaining cereal and sugar, seal bag and shake until well coated. Pour back into the bowl and allow to cool.
- Mix in the red hots, conversation hearts and jelly beans. Store in a tightly covered container in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before eating.