- 3 whole Egg
- 90 gram Sugar
- 80 gram Flour
- 10 gram Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 200 milligram Milk
- 0.3 cup Vanilla bean
- 3 whole Egg Yolk
- 80 gram Sugar
- 6 gram Gelatin Plate
- 200 milligram Heavy Cream
- 6 piece Strawberries
- 200 milligram Water
- 25 gram Sugar
- 7 gram Gelatine Plate
- 1 pinch White Curacao
1. Making Génoise (sponge cake):
Beat eggs in a bowl, and add sugar. Whip with a hand mixer by putting the bowl in a hot water bath. As the mixture warms, remove the bowl from the hot water bath, and keep whipping (till the mixture looks like ribbons).
2. Add (a) (sifted flour & cocoa), little by little into cake batter(from step 1) folding in with big strokes using a rubber spatula.
3. Pour cake batter (from step 2) into cool cake pan and bake at 180° for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven when it’s done. Remove cake from pan while it is hot, and cool on a wire rack. When it cools down, cut into 4 equal pieces. You will use 1 piece of the 4.
4. Making Decorative jelly:
Heat water and sugar in a saucepan till sugar is melted. Remove from heat, melt squeezed gelatin plate to remove the water while the sugar-water is hot, and add White Curacao. Cool the saucepan by putting the saucepan in an ice water bath, and cool in the refrigerator. When it’s formed, chop finely.
5. Making Bavarois (mousse):
In a saucepan, heat milk, vanilla beans (including shells), and half the amount of sugar listed (ie heat 40g of sugar). Just before it starts to boil, remove from heat.
6. Mix up egg yolks and the rest of sugar in a bowl until it becomes whitish. Add the Bavarois mousse (from step 5) stirring well, and strain.
7. Put Bavarois mousse (from step 5) in a saucepan and mix with a rubber spatula over medium heat till it thickens. Remove from heat.
8. Add squeezed gelatin plate to remove the water in Bavarois mousse (from step 7) while hot. Strain in a bowl, and cool by putting the bowl in an ice water bath.
9. Whip heavy cream until soft peaks are formed and mix into Bavarois mousse(from step 7).
10. Attach a piece of mousse film inside of the hexagonal mold and place it on a flat board. Place Génoise (sponge cake) on the bottom, and brush surface with syrup. Line up strawberries, with the cut side facing outwards so they can be seen. Pour Bavarois mousse over and cool in the refrigerator.
11. When cake (from step 10) hardens, sprinkle Decorative jelly over and decorate with miniature Christmas ornaments if you have any