- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry or white whole wheat flour (like King Arthur)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping cup zucchini (1 small to medium), shredded
- 3/4 cup raisins (I like golden)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F; lightly grease a standard sized loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, banana, honey, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then stir in the zucchini, raisins and walnuts.
5. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool pan on wire rack for 20 minutes then turn out from pan and cool completely on wire rack.