- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold, cut into cubes
- fresh whipped cream, optional, for serving
1. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake or spring form pan. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk flour with baking powder and salt to combine. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and milk until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients just until combined; fold in blueberries. Batter will be quite thick. Spread in prepared pan.
3. To make the topping: whisk the sugar, flour and cinnamon to combine. Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle mixture on batter.
4. Bake cake 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool on wire rack.