- Spicy-Cilantro Mayonnaise:
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1.5 tablespoon ground chili paste
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1.5 pound large scallops, rinsed and dried
- 1 pound thin sliced bacon (not center cut), strips cut in half crosswise sea salt & freshly ground black pepperlarge lettuce leaves, for serving lettuce leaves, for serving
1. Prepare the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, hot chili paste, lime juice and cilantro and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat your oven broiler. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick. Place the bacon-wrapped scallops onto the prepared baking sheet and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them under the broiler for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked- turning once mid-way through.