- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 cups broccoli florets
- 3 big garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or almonds, toasted (crush up the almonds)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan chees
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large, rimmed baking (not a heavy-duty one)sheet lightly with oil. In a large mixing bowl toss the florets and garlic with 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Spread out on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until fork tender 25-35 minutes. If they start turning black turn the temperature down to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk 1 tablespoon olive oil with the lemon zest, juice and red pepper if using.
- When broccoli is cooked add it back to the large mixing bowl. Toss with the lemon oil, Parmesan and nuts. Serve immediately.