- 8 ounces breakfast sausage links, cut into 1/2" long pieces
- olive oil, for sauteing and greasing pan
- 2/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- sear or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 8 jumbo eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, rough chopped
- heaping 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 plum tomato, diced, seeds removed
- In a large skillet cook the sausage over medium heat. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain off the grease; add a tablespoon of oil and saute onion and red pepper over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- While the onion is cooking whisk the eggs, milk and a very generous pinch or two of salt together until fluffy. Season with pepper and whisk in the dill and onions/pepper.
- Grease a 10" frying pan or line with parchment and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Pour the eggs in the pan and place the sausage rounds all over followed by the spinach. Sprinkle the feta and tomatoes over the top.
- Bake about 20 minutes until firm in the center. Cut into wedges and serve.