2 large eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
1 + 2/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed to remove some but not all of the water
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a standard size (8 1/2" x 4 1/2") loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the salt, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder if using, cocoa, and flour. Stir in the zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the bread for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick in center comes out clean with no crumbs or batter - a little melted chocolate is ok.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes then turn out to cool completely before slicing.
- Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.