Who can resist pasta, meat, sauce, and cheese? I know I can’t and that is why I love a good Chicken Parmigiana. There are many ways to make Chicken Parmigiana and some recipes call for the frying method. If I don’t have to fry I won’t. This is a baked recipe and works out great to cut some fat and I can also prepare a salad or the pasta while the chicken is baking. Which makes it an easy recipe for me and my kitchen!
Delicious Rating: Great dinner for any day of the week. It is simple enough for kids but loaded with flavor for adults. I used my Homemade Marinara Sauce recipe for this but you can use your favorite red pasta sauce too. Serve with a salad and bread for a complete meal.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, slightly flattened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Pour egg into a small shallow bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheeses and bake until nice and melty on top.