- 6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 + 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen corn kernels
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Butter a 9x13-inch casserole pan.
- In a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat cook bacon until browned stirring occasionally. Drain off grease.
- Add butter and garlic cook until fragrant 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook 2-3 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil, maintain a simmer and cook until thickened, stirring constantly 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in cream cheese, cheddar and paprika, continue stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until bubbly and top is golden brown 35-40 minutes.