They are super addicting too so be careful!
Delicious Rating: This is the perfect easy recipe for when you don’t have time to go to the store but need a dessert asap. Most everything is kept in the pantry anyways so there is no need to buy anything. These bars are delicious and super easy to cook. I didn’t know how the peach would taste but it was a wonderful addition. Feel free to switch it up with perhaps apricot. Use vegan margarine to make this dessert recipe completely vegan friendly.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
|Oatmeal Raisin Bars||
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 10 ounces peach preserve or jam
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Add oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into blender and blend until all is combined.
- Pour into a bowl and add in butter and peanut butter.
- Stir until crumbly.
- Add 3 cups of the mixture to baking dish and press it down evenly with hands.
- With a fork, stir peach preserves in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread over cookie base, leaving 1/4 inch edge.
- Add raisins and pecans to remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle over preserves, pressing down gently.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes or more until firm and able to hold its shape.
- Cut into 24 bars.