- Tomato & Avocado Salsa, (recipe follows) or store-bought fresh salsa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup beer
- 8 ounces tilapia fillet, cut crosswise into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
This recipe calls for:
- Prepare Tomato & Avocado Salsa, if using.
- Combine flour, cumin, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Whisk in beer to create a batter.
- Coat tilapia pieces in the batter. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Letting excess batter drip back into the bowl, add the fish to the pan; cook until crispy and golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve the fish with tortillas and salsa.
Per serving: 409 calories; 16 g fat ( 2 g sat , 9 g mono ); 57 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 8 g fiber; 408 mg sodium; 972 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Potassium (27% dv), Magnesium (25% dv), Folate (23% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat