You read the title correctly. This is a recipe for Barbecued Pulled Seitan Sandwiches. No, not pulled pork, but pulled seitan. Can you really substitute meat? My DH would say no, although we have been eating seitan in different recipes for awhile now. But can you replace something like pulled pork? I mean come on…it is succulent pork we are talking about! Yes, we can…and it tastes just as delicious.
Rating: I think most wouldn’t know that this recipe had a meat substitute in it. Altogether, the sandwich comes together so well in this easy recipe. Browning and adding some crispy edges to the seitan really gives it the “meaty” touch. But with the BBQ sauce and coleslaw, I doubt you are really thinking about what you are eating, you are just thinking about eating it because it smells and taste delicious! What is your favorite Seitan recipe?
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
|BBQ Pulled Seitan Sandwich|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 16 ounces Seitan, cut thinly
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Barbecue Sauce
- 4 Buns
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan.
- Add in onion and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add in seitan and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook for a 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly brown.
- Add in Barbecue sauce and cook until heated through.
- Distribute evenly on toasted buns.
- Serve immediately.