Ingredients Tick boxes to send shopping list to email
1) Preheat oven to 190C/Gas 5.
2) Line the base and sides of a 20cm flan ring with two thirds of the shortcrust pastry.
3) Mix the meat with the flour, apple, onion, blue cheese and tarragon. Season the mixture well then turn it into the lined tin and add the stock.
4) Cover the pie with the remaining pastry, sealing the edges well. Use the pastry trimmings to decorate the top.
5) Brush the pastry with egg glaze then bake the pie for 20 mins. Reduce the heat to 160C/Gas 3 and cook for a further 40 to 45 mins or until golden brown. Serve the pie hot or cold.
Hints & Tips: Use 1 tsp dried tarragon if fresh is not available. You can freeze the pie if wish. Store for up to 4 weeks, thaw overnight then serve as required.